A few weeks ago I received an email from Millesima. The email said they had reviewed my blog and found a few articles that would qualify for their 2016 Blog Awards and suggested I enter the contest. So I did! Yesterday I received another email congratulating me on being a Millesima 2016 Blog Award Finalist! Woo Hoo! It is an exciting day at Rockin Red Blog. My article “The Beauty of Bordeaux” has been selected as a finalist in the Millesima 2016 Blog Awards in the category of Bordeaux Wine Travel.
The Grand Prize details on a week in Bordeaux are below. But to get straight to the point I need your help to get me there. You see the Grand Prize Winners (1 in each category) are selected based on the number of votes received.
Voting is quick and easy:
- Visit the Millesima 2016 Wine Blog contest page on Facebook.
- Under the Bordeaux Wine Travel link vote for Rockin Red Blog’s article “The Beauty of Bordeaux” by clicking vote, agreeing to the terms and conditions, then clicking select. That is it.
- After voting, please share the link on FB and Twitter and ask all your friends if they would also please take a moment to vote and help me get to France.
- While you are there please vote for a few of my wine blogging friends. In category Food and Bordeaux Wine Pairings please vote for Food Wine Click’s article “Is There a Marrow Doctor in the House?” In category “Wine and Technology” vote for Texas Winelover’s article “Sulfites: The Truth.” Finally, in the European Wine and Technology category vote for Please Bring Me My Wine’s article “Wine and Music Matching…Really?“
My category is fierce! Not only am I up against three great articles but one of my opponents (Grape Collective) is a well know online wine magazine with millions of subscribers!
I simply cannot make it Bordeaux, France without your help. Please vote now! One vote per person. Voting ends 2/26; winners announced 2/29.
The Millesima 2016 Blog Awards has six categories; one winner from each category will receive the Grand Prize.
Here is the Grand Prize as described by Millesima:
All of the six winners, from both the US and Europe, will win a trip to Bordeaux! This trip includessix nights and seven days fully immersed in Bordeaux wine and culture during the exciting en primeur (futures) week. During your stay, you will:
- Spend 6 nights in famous Chateau Fombrauge in the Saint-Emilion appellation
- Taste barrel samples of the 2015 vintage in various legendary Bordeaux appellations: Pauillac, Margaux, Saint-Estèphe, Pomerol etc…
- Have a private visit of the 4 Grands Crus Classés of Bernard Magrez estates: Chateau Fombrauge in Saint-Emilion, Chateau Pape-Clement in Pessac-Leognan, Chateau La Tour Carnet in Haut-Medoc, and Chateau Clos Haut-Peyraguey in Sauternes.
- Make your own wine, from blend to bottling and labeling, with the Magrez Family’s “B-Winemaker” atelier.
- An immersive and unique experience in the vineyards, featuring: An initiation to animal traction in the vines
- Learning how drones are used to monitor and analyze vineyards
- Discovering state-of-the-art wine technologies like the Vitirover and the Green Seeker
- Discover the best of French Gastronomy with a lunch at La Grande Maison de Bernard Magrez – a Joël Robuchon restaurant
- A private visit of the Cultural Institute of Bernard Magrez with its modern art collections
- Visit the beautiful city of Bordeaux, a UNESCO World Heritage
Not only would winning this prestigious award be such an honor and a thrill but my birthday is Feb 25 and this would be an awesome birthday present!
Thank you for your patience with my shameless plug. Thank you so much for your continued support and willingness to participate in helping me win the Bordeaux Wine Travel category. Finally, thank you for your patience over the coming three weeks while I seek to obtain as many votes as possible to win a week in Bordeaux! Cheers!