Once again I would like to thank you all for your support in voting Rockin Red Blog’s article The Beauty of Bordeaux the winner in the Millesima Blog Award Category of Bordeaux Wine Travel. As a result of your generosity and support I am leaving on Friday for a week in Bordeaux! Please keep your eyes on my social media streams (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter) to follow my journey.
Here is what my week in fully immersed in Bordeaux wine and culture will entail:
- Stay at the famous Chateau Fombrauge in the Saint-Emilion appellation
Here is a virtual tour :
- Taste barrel samples of the 2015 vintage in various legendary Bordeaux appellations: Pauillac, Margaux, Saint-Estèphe, Pomerol etc…
- Have a private visit of the 4 Grands Crus Classés of Bernard Magrez estates: Chateau Fombrauge in Saint-Emilion, Chateau Pape-Clement in Pessac-Leognan, Chateau La Tour Carnet in Haut-Medoc, and Chateau Clos Haut-Peyraguey in Sauternes.
- Make your own wine, from blend to bottling and labeling, with the Magrez Family’s “B-Winemaker” atelier.
- An immersive and unique experience in the vineyards, featuring:An initiation to animal traction in the vines
- Learning how drones are used to monitor and analyze vineyards
- Discovering state-of-the-art wine technologies like the Vitirover and the Green Seeker
- Discover the best of French Gastronomy with a lunch at La Grande Maison de Bernard Magrez – a Joël Robuchon restaurant
- A private visit of the Cultural Institute of Bernard Magrez with its modern art collections
- Visit the beautiful city of Bordeaux, a UNESCO World Heritage
- On top of these fabulous experiences, many other surprising and unique events with Bernard Magrez Estates and Millesima await you: dinners, tastings, visits, etc.
I will be publishing new articles while I am gone on Puglia, South Australian wine tasting I attended and Landmark Wines. I hope you will enjoy them. Please share them as you are able. I return home on April 8th where I will have two fast and furious weeks before heading back to Italy!