Burgundy is the pinnacle for Chardonnay and Pinot Noir. So why are world-class Burgundy producers drawn to Willamette Valley?
This month the French #Winophiles group is diving into Burgundy tied-houses producing wine in Willamette Valley.
I explored this topic in my latest article for Forbes:
Best of Both Worlds: Burgundy Producers Craft High-Quality Wine in Willamette Valley
Please click on the above title to read the article and discover some exceptional wines with a French twist.
Additionally, check out the articles below to learn more.
- Wendy at A Day in the Life on the Farm tells of Countries United Through Food and Wine.
- Camilla from Culinary Adventures with Camilla matches Galette au Chou + 2017 Résonance Pinot Noir.
- Terri at Our Good Life pairs Resonance Pinot Noir and Roasted Pork Loin.
- Lynn from Savor the Harvest posts Oregon Pinot Noir With a Burgundian Heart – Domaine Drouhin Laurène.
- Jennifer at Vino Travels cooks up BBQ Brisket with Domaine
Drouhin Pinot Noir.
- Linda at My Full Wine Glass shares Oregon PN for a PNW Holiday Meal.
- Robin from Crushed Grape Chronicles has a discovery: Découverte! Pinot Noir from Oregon’s Dundee Hills and Mediterranean Salmon.
- David from Cooking Chat posts Braised Moroccan Chicken Thighs with Oregon Pinot.
- Jane from Always Ravenous offers an Oregon Pinot Noir Paired with Braised Chicken Thighs, Blackberries, and Fennel Purée.
- Melanie from Wining With Mel writes New World meets Old World: Oregon’s Résonance Pinot Noir Paired with Beef Bourguignon.
- Liz from What’s In That Bottle gives us a Taste of the 45th Parallel.
- Jeff from Food Wine Click! tells us about Louis Jadot on
Both Sides of the Pond.
- Payal from Keep the Peas offers Burgundy via Oregon.
- Nicole at Somm’s Table has a Burgundy vs. Oregon Showdown with Drouhin Wines.
- Jill at L’Occasion covers Bourgogne’s Western Vineyards: Crafting Pinot Noir in Oregon.
- L.M. Archer shares life À Table with Domaine Drouhin Oregon and Résonance Wines.
Please join the Twitter chat tomorrow at 10-11am CST by using the hashtag #Winophiles to share your thoughts.
8 responses to “Forbes Article: Best of Both Worlds: Burgundy Producers Craft High-Quality Wine in Willamette Valley”
[…] Michelle from Rockin Red Blog takes on “Best Of Both Worlds: Burgundy Producers Craft High-Quality Wine in Willamette Valley” […]
Such a fascinating subject!
Thanks for the many helpful Burgundy, wine and food links. Glad I found that and your twitter hashtag/account
Thank you so much for reading and following.
Found some new wines to try! Love the links. Thanks. Keep up the informative pieces. As a somm, I am always up for reading more. If you are ever out in Sonoma CA, look me and my Jeep wine touring biz up – I’d love to host you! https://www.vinesofsonoma.com
Great! Thank you.
Love reading anything related to Burgundy!